‘Kapota’ means pigeon in Sanskrit. it Also called Poorna Bhujangāsana (Bihar)
Dos and don’ts
– Assume Sarpāsana first.
– Bend the knees and raise the feet.
– Stretch the head, neck and shoulders further so as to touch the head with the feet.
– Keep the knees and feet together.
– Do not lift your shoulders.
– Keep your mouth shut so as to have full stretch of the neck muscles.
– (Vishnu-devananda) this āsana is a very good exercise to stretch the muscles of the
legs, thighs and back.
– (Bihar) As for Sarpāsana with increased levels.
– As for Sarpāsana.
– Should be practiced only after mastery of Bhujangāsana and Sarpāsana.