What Is Neti?
Neti is an important part of Satkarma, the yogic system of body cleansing techniques. It is intended mainly to the cleaning of the air passageways in the head. usually attribute to Neti many beneficial effects that range from profound physiological ones on the body, mind and personality to even clairvoyace (from of extra sensory perception) .
Technique of Jala Neti
- Pour the salt water into the Neti pot and place the spout of the pot into one of the nostrils, say the left nostril. The cone at the end of the spout should to be placed inside the nostril.
- Tilt your head gently and open your mouth (Breathing should be done through the mouth during the process). Adjust the tilt of your head up to a point where water starts flowing from your left nostril to the right nostril. Continue till the water in the pot is finished.
- Fill the pot again with salt water and try the same procedure from the other nostril (say the right nostril).
- You can repeat this process any number of times, depending on your need and time.
Benefits of Neti
- Neti removes all the dirt and bacteria filled mucus from within the nose.
- It also helps to drain the sinus cavities. This in turn, will help to reprogramme the body’s natural mechanisms against nasal infections such as hayfever, allergies, sinusitis .
- It is beneficial for illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis as it reduces the tendency for mouth breathing by freeing the nostrils of mucus.
- It has a cooling and soothing effect on the brain by drawing out excessive heat, and is therefore beneficial for headaches, migraine, epilepsy, temper tantrums, hysteria, depression and general mental tension.
- Neti is of great benefit for problems associated with the eyes. It helps flush the tear ducts, encouraging clearer vision and gives a sparkle to the eyes.
- It can be beneficial for certain types of ear disorders such as middle ear infections, glue ear, tinitis.
- Neti improves sensitivity of the olfactory nerves, helping to restore lost sense of smell, and thereby benefits the relationship with taste and the digestive processes.
- It has subtle effects on the pineal and pituitary glands which control the hormonal system. This has a harmonising effect on emotional behaviour.
- Neti affects the psychic centre known as Ajna Chakra which helps in awakening higher states of meditation.
- It helps to stimulate better powers of visualisation and concentration and gives a feeling of lightness and clarity to the mind.
- Neti is excellent for those trying to give up smoking. Since it reduces the tendency for mouth breathing, Neti re-sensitises the nose to the actual pollution of ingesting smoke, thereby de-programming the brain of the physical and psychological addiction
Our yoga classes are Also designed to help with Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Migraine, Asthma, Obesity, Diabetes, Backache, Menstrual problems