What is Kapalbhati?
Kapalbhati – Frontal Brain Purification
Types of Kapalbhati
- Vatkrama Kapalbhati (with air)
- Vyutkrama Kapalbhati (with water)
- Sheetkrama Kapalbhati (with water)
Benefits of Kapalbhati Yoga/ Breathing Exercise
- Works on the Heart Center (Anahat Chakra) & and associated organs and systems of that region. Thus improving respiration, lung capacity and blood circulation. Kapalbhati helps cure associated diseases of this region (asthma, bronchitis etc).
- Works on the Naval Center (Manipura Chakra) and associated organs and systems of that regions. Thus improving digestion and elimination. Cures diseases and imbalances associated with this region such as indigestion, gas, diabetes, etc.
- Practiced over time, Kapalbhati Pranayama also helps reduce abdominal fat, fight obisiety, tone abdominal muscles and bestow core abdominal strength and power.
- From an emotional stand point Kapalbhati Pranayama puges the system of accumulated emotional debris such as anger, hurt, jealousy, hatred etc., thus dissolving the blockages and removing the imbalances such emotional history causes in the energetic pathways. The cleansing of the energetic pathways (nadis) increases the magnitude and flow of prana (life-force) and Kundalini Shakti (energy) throughout all regions of the body.
- From a mental stand point Kapalbhati Pranayama assists in throwing out all negative thoughts from the psyche. thus, helping to cleanse and illuminate the mind.
- From a body stand point Kapalbhati Pranayama should be used to eject any illnesses, diseases, weaknesses from the body thus allowing it grow in health, vitality and vigor.
- Generates heat in the system to help dissolve toxins and waste matter.
- Adds luster and beauty to your face.
Cautions for Kapalbhati Yoga / Breathing Exercise
- If you feel dizzy or nauseous you should slow down the force and pace of Kapalbhati pranayama or stop entirely and return to normal breathing.
- If you have acid or heat related gastric issues such as ulcers you should use caution with Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Kapalbhati is not to be practiced by those suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke or epilepsy